Wednesday, May 15, 2013

It isn't too late for you, Justin Moore

Justin Moore, I want you to pay attention.

I hate your music, and combined with the ridiculous persona you've adopted I find you nearly without a redeeming quality. I mean, holy shit guy, I struggle for words. I really do. I even hate the songs of yours that other reasonable people will say "aren't so bad" or "pretty decent."

BUT... I do not believe you are beyond saving. That is why I'm writing this to you and not Luke Bryan or Hillbilly Satan. You have an excellent voice, Justin. From the current bunch of mainstream country artists I'd argue only Chris Young has you beat. You are way beyond Church, Blake Shelton, Paisley, Urban, Satan, Bryan, and the like.

If you wanted to, you could make great country music. You'd need a lot of help, including but not limited to reaching things on high shelves, but you could do it.

I want you to get a copy of Boland's new album. You don't even have to listen to the whole thing. Just listen to the first song.

Did you do that? Did you listen? Justin you need to do what I'm telling you. Ok? You listened to it? Ok, now how did that make you feel?

Did it make you feel shame that a man was making music like that and you are out there being ignorant? You should feel shame. You should absolutely feel shame. But you should also be inspired.

Get your life right, Justin. Let me tell you, you ain't got the juice to keep hanging on mainstream radio. Can you even rap? Better shape up and reclaim some dignity.

Alright, now let's high five. You're probably going to have to jump, you little pocketman you.

No comments:

Post a Comment